Students seeking a degree at the University of Vechta may enrol or apply for the first semester in the winter semester only. Applications for graduate studies are possible from June onwards.
The following steps are required to apply:
- Take a look at the range of programmes (in German) of the University of Vechta to decide what you would like to study. If you need further guidance, please make an appointment for advice on study options and career prospects at the Central Student Advisory Service.
- Find out in advance at anabin.kmk.org whether your certificate meets the requirements necessary for university admission in Germany. If you are unsure, please contact the International Office for advice.
- Have your certificate – if it is not issued in German or English – translated into German by a sworn interpreter or translator and have the copies of the certificate and the translation officially certified.
- As a non-German citizen with a foreign university entrance qualification, you need one of the following German certificates for admission to the University of Vechta:
- DSH, at least level 2 or
- TestDaF, at least level 4 in all four areas or
- ÖSD (Österreichisches Sprachdiplom DEUTSCH), level C1 or
- TELC C1 Hochschule or
- Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom or
- proof evaluated as equivalent by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany (KMK) or
- proof of completed German studies (only possible for applications for the Master Cultural Studies).
Please note: If you do not have a recognised language certificate but have advanced language skills, you may be admitted on the basis of an examination of your individual documents, subject to the condition that you submit the language certificate at a later date; please contact us if you have any questions.
- For subjects/programmes with restricted admission, you have to apply by 15 July. For subjects/programmes with open admission, you can usually enrol until 30 September. Please check the websites of the degree programmes to find out which application deadlines apply.
- You can directly apply or enrol at the university online (the University of Vechta does not use uni-assist). The online application portal is activated on the website of the Admissions Office at the beginning of June every year. At the end of the online enrolment (for programmes with open admission), you will receive a checklist of documents that you have to submit to the Admissions Office via post. You can only apply for degree programmes with restricted admission online (in case of admission you will receive a message which documents have to be submitted via post).
- If your application/enrolment is successful, your study documents will be sent to the address specified in your application. Please direct any queries regarding the study documents, the applicant portal and the status of the application to the Service Point.
- Information on fees: No fee is charged as part of the application for a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme.
Applicants from China and Vietnam also have to submit an APS certificate with their application.
Prospective students with a refugee background who are not able to present their university entrance qualification certificates or only a simple copy due to flight can find information on their options here.
Applicants for the Studienkolleg (Preparatory Foundation Course) in Hannover need a recognised B1 certificate (e.g., TELC B1) as proof of language proficiency.
The application deadline for the Preparatory Foundation Course in Hannover depends on the dates of the entrance examination. Please contact the International Office for more information.
Pursuant to Section 13 subsection 6 of the Lower Saxony Higher Education Act (NHG) and Section 2 subsection 4 of the “Allgemeine Entgelt- und Benutzungsordnung” (General terms and conditions of payment and use) (Official Newsletter 3/2005, p. 4ff.) in conjunction with Annex 2 (price list, Official Newsletter, loc. cit. p. 10ff.) chapter III table “Personalkostenpauschale” (lump sum for staff costs), a processing fee of EUR 75.00 is charged for the service “Beratung und Prüfung der Unterlagen für die Zulassung von Bildungsausländerinnen/Bildungsausländern (§ 18 Abs. 10 Satz 2 NHG) zum Studienkolleg Hannover” (Advice on and examination of documents for the admission of international students (Section 18 subsection 10 sentence 2 NHG) to the Studienkolleg (Preparatory Foundation Course) in Hannover). Participants of preparatory courses offered by the University of Vechta as well as recipients of benefits from the basic income support for jobseekers, the needs-based pension supplement in old age and in the event of reduced earning capacity and the Asylum Seekers’ Benefits Act are exempt from paying the fee. The fee paid will be refunded upon application if studies are taken up at the University of Vechta within 3 years of admission to the Preparatory Foundation Course.