Skip to main content
© Photo by Yan Krukov | Pexel

Language Certificates

You would like to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programme at a German university? You are planning a stay abroad during your studies? In both cases, you will need to provide certification that you meet the language requirements. At the University of Vechta, we have suitable certificates for both groups – the Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF) for international students and the DAAD Language Certificate for outgoing students from Germany.

If you do not know your current level of German or English, you can also take a placement test with us before registering for a certified exam.

Einen Studentin macht einen Test am Computer

(c) JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash

Language Certificates at the University of Vechta


The University of Vechta is an authorised examination centre for the TestDaF (Test of German as a Foreign Language). Prospective students, who do not have a German Abitur, may provide a TestDaF certificate to prove that they have sufficient language skills to enrol for a bachelor's or master's degree program at a German university.

Studierende aus verschiedenen Ländern unterhalten sich

DAAD Language Certificate

Students who do not yet possess an officially recognised language certificate, but require a confirmation of their language skills for a semester abroad, can obtain a DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) language certificate at the language centre.


International Certificates

For other international language certificates such as TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge certificates, kindly contact the various external providers in the region. Further information can be found on our German website.

Photo credits: Universität Vechta/Wollstein/ |  Alexis Brown on Unsplash (DAAD Language Certificate)