information and advice for refugees
If you are interested in studying at the University of Vechta or would like to learn more about admission criteria at German universities, please contact Dr. Katrin Schumacher.
Other advisory offices (websites mostly in German):
- Arbeitsagentur Vechta (i.a. information on the dual education options ("Ausbildung"), career counseling)
- Jobcenter Vechta (i.a. information on the dual education options ("Ausbildung"), career counseling, job placement)
- Jugendmigrationsdienst (i.a. individual support, educational counseling for young people up to 27 years)
- Migrationserstberatung (i.a. individual support, educational counseling for young people over 27 years)
- Kreisvolkshochschule Vechta (i.a. information about integration classes)
- Bildungsberatung Garantiefonds Hochschule (educational counseling, promoting participation in German courses for specific target groups)
- IQ-Netzwerk (information on professional recognition)
- Studentenwerk (advice and application for the promotion of students under the Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG))
- Netzwerk für traumatisierte Flüchtlinge in Niedersachsen e.V. (network for traumatized refugees in Lower Saxony)
Useful information on the internet:
- www.study-in.de/refugees (basic information on studying in Germany)
- www.hochschulkompass.de/en/study-in-germany.html (database on all study programmes at German universities)
- www.anabin.kmk.org (information on the university entrance qualification / in German)
- www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/html/en/index.php (information on the recognition of professional qualifications)
- www.daad.de/der-daad/fluechtlinge/en/ (Website "Refugees at universities – Programmes and measures" by the DAAD)
- brochure "Hochschulzugang und Studium für Flüchtlinge" (in German)
Further advisory offices inside and outside the University of Vechta can be found in our brochure (in German).
Dieses Projekt wird aus Mitteln des Asyl-, Migrations- und Integrationsfonds kofinanziert.