Mentoring Program - VIP
The international mentoring program VIP (Vechta's International Program) aims to support and accompany students, who are not familiar with Vechta and/or studying in Germany, with a personal mentor.
The mentors are students at the University of Vechta themselves and are therefore right in the middle of it all. You can contact them with your questions, challenges and problems, because they are your personal contact persons. They help you overcome the first culture shock and show you the life and culture in Germany from their perspective.
Goals of VIP:
- international students should feel welcomed at the University of Vechta
- international students should have a reliable contact person at the University of Vechta, that offers information, support, help and orientation
- a transcultural exchange and integration of international students should be made easier and improved by a personal mentor
- through individual support international students should receive help in different areas:
- establishing first contact before arrival in Vechta;
- pick-up at the train station and accompanying to accomodation;
- city and campus tour for a better orientation and faster settling in;
- support during the beginning of studies like accompanying students to institutions like IT-Centre, canteen or library;
- support during planning schedules and studies;
- support in establishing contact with other students from the University of Vechta.
Prerequisite for Participation:
Participating in VIP is voluntary. Neither international students nor mentors enter a binding commitment. Special regulations apply to participants of the Certificate International Competences, who want to get credit for the mentoring program.
The mentoring program aims at bringing together international students and students from Vechta, giving students the chance to learn new languages, get to know new cultures and expand their horizon through new experiences.
Application for ...
International Students/ Mentees
Do you, an international student, want to profit from support by a mentor from the University of Vechta? Then the international mentoring program is the right thing for you!
If you want to participate in our international mentoring program, please fill in the application for international students. Send the filled in application via email to international.office[at]uni-vechta[dot]de or via post to:
International Mentoring Program
for International Students/Mentees
After we received your application we will send you a confirmation. Before you start your studies at the University of Vechta you will receive your mentor's contact information. Nothing will stand in your way of starting your studies at the University of Vechta successfully.
Mentors from the University of Vechta
We are always looking for motivated students who want to be mentors for international students and enjoy intercultural topics. A concrete task description for interested mentors can be found here:
The participation as a mentor in the program is not paid. If your are not participating in the Certificate International Competence, we can credit your active participation in VIP as social or international commitment.
Interested? Be a mentor for our international students!
If you are interested please fill in the mentor application and send it to international.office[at]uni-vechta[dot]de or hand it in directly at the International Office (Room G04 or PO boc 18 in front of B1).
If you have any questions please contact us at (04441) 15-142 or via Email at international.office[at]uni-vechta[dot]de.
für Mentorinnen und Mentoren