Degree-seeking students can only apply for wintersemesters. Application is possible from June onwards.
- The following steps for an application are necessary. Please take a look at the university's website first to get an overview of all study courses on offer and choose your desired subjects http://www.uni-vechta.de/studium/studienangebot/ (German only). Should you need further assistance, e.g. should you need information on study possibilites and occupational prospects, please make an appointment with an advisor of the students advisory service center (zsb[at]uni-vechta[dot]de).
- Consult the website anabin.kmk.org before applying to check if your diploma fulfills the requirements for the higher education entrance qualification in Germany.
Applicants from China, Mongolia, or Vietnam, please note: Along with your application you have to present an APS-certificate.
- Please have your diploma translated into German by a sworn translator, if your diploma has not been issued in the German or English language. It is mandatory that all copies are legally verified.
For refugees, please note: Refugees who are unable to present a university entrance certificate have the possibility of obtaining such a certificate by successfully undergoing entry and assessment tests at the Niedersächsisches Studienkolleg (Lower Saxony Preparatory College) for the selected study course. In addition, there is also the option of being granted direct entry to a university for an admission-free study course without an assessment test if the entry test is passed at an above-average level. Alternatively, you can take an entry examination at the University of Vechta itself, too. For all these procedures, a status as a refugee and a plausibility check of the educational biography are required. Even if, as a refugee, you can present your graduation diploma but only as a not legally verified copy, a check of the educational biography or, depending on you documents, a test (an acceptance or grading test) is essential. Please contact us early before your application as these procedures take time.
- Please check if you fulfill the German language requirements. If you do not have German citizenship you need to hand in one of the following German language certificates for your application at the University of Vechta:
- at least DSH level 2 or
- TestDaF at least level 4 in all four areas or
- Österreichisches Sprachdiplom DEUTSCH, level C1 or
- TELC C1 Hochschule or
- Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom or
- a certificate that is considered to be an equivalent by the KMK or
- a diploma of a university degree for the subject German Studies (only possible for those who apply for the master's program Kulturwissenschaften)
Applicants for the Studienkolleg Hannover, please note: You will need a recognised B1 certificate (e.g. TELC B1)
- If you have questions about transferring credits from preceding studies or regular questions about the progression of studies, please make an appointment with your course coordinator of the chosen degree course.
- Universities in Germany offer "admission-restricted" and "admission-free" study courses. If you intend to apply for an "admission-restricted" study course, the application deadline for a start in the winter semester is usually the 15th of July, for "admission-free" study courses enrollment is usually possible until the 30th of September. Please note that the deadlines are subject to change. Please consult the university's website to see if your study course is "admission-restricted" or "admission-free" and which application deadline applies.
Applicants for the Studienkolleg Hannover, please note: The application's deadline is determined by the dates of the admission exam at the Studienkolleg. Please contact the International Office for further information.
- You will have to apply for your study course online, like any other German student. The online application portal will approximately be activated in May or June on the university's website www.uni-vechta.de. At the end of the online application, you will receive a checklist with documents that you need to send via post to the matriculation office of the university.
- If your application was successful, your university documents, like your student ID and your semester ticket, will be send to the address that you mentioned in your application. Should you have questions regarding your university documents, please refer to the student advisors at the Service Point (servicepoint[at]uni-vechta[dot]de)
- Fees: There are no processing fees to be paid related to the application for a Bachelor's or Master's programme.
Applicants for the Studienkolleg Hannover, please note: In accordance with § 13.6 NHG and §2.4 of the "Allgemeine Entgelt- und Benutzungsordnung (Amtliches Mitteilungsblatt 3/2005 S.4 ff.)" and its appendix 2 ("Preisliste, Amtliches Mitteilungsblatt a. a. O. S. 10 ff.") paragraph III table "Personalpauschalen" a processing fee of 75 Euro will be charged (§ 18 Abs. 10 Satz 2 NHG). The fee will be waived in case of participants of the preparatory programmes offered at the University of Vechta as well as for recipients of one of the following social benefits: "Grundsicherung" for unemployed/elderly/recipients of a
reduced earnings capacity pension and recipients of benefits according to the "Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz" . The fee will be reimbursed upon request if the applicant enrolls at the University of Vechta within 3 years after being admitted to the Studienkolleg.
Should you have any questions regarding studying, student life in Vechta, or international activities, please contact the International Office staff. We are looking forward to your application!