Summer School 2019: Language, Country and Intercultural Meetings
The summer school includes an intensive "German as a foreign language" class in which students work in small groups, go on excursions and attend workshops that focus on the German language and the country of Germany as well as interculturalism.
Participants have the opportunity to improve their German language skills in all four areas (listening, reading, speaking, and writing) in an intensive language class. In addition, the summer school includes workshops dealing with selected aspects of the German language and culture. Participants will also get an insight into the German academic culture.
The encounter with the German culture and the internationality of the participants provide diverse opportunities for intercultural exchange, which will be reflected upon in an intercultural training.
Furthermore, there will be excursions that allow participants to explore cultural, historical and natural highlights of the region.
With active, regular attendance, the participatns will be awarded five ECTS.
- Students of German studies or German as a foreign language
- course Fee: 380,- €
- for participants from partner universities: 190,-€
- accomodation and food are not included
- aditionally, there may be extra charges for some excursions
- For this course DAAD university summer course scholarships (starting at language level B1) are available (www.funding-guide.de ). Please pay attention to the deadline for this scholarship (1.12.2018).
Registration is necessary because the course is limited to 30 participants.
Registration Summer School 2019 - Important Documents:
- Registration Form
- Certificate of Language Proficiency (e.g. OnDaF), at least level B1
The documents should be send as one PDF document (maximum size 5 MB) via Email to international.office[at]uni-vechta[dot]de (Deadline: 30.04.2019)