Higher Education Development
The "Higher Education Development" group deals in particular with innovation and teaching quality in higher education, competence-based higher education, competence development of students, assessing student competencies, teaching competencies, and innovative, competence-based teaching-learning methods such as project-based learning, research-based learning, service-learning and problem-based learning.
Current main emphases in research and development are:
- Competence development in higher education
- Higher education for sustainable development
- Education and learning in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Development of competencies for sustainable development
- Educator competencies for Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
- Developig anticipatory competence in higher education
The courses offered by the "Higher Education Development" group are characterised by a strong competence orientation. Teaching-learning methods such as project-based learning, research-based learning, service-learning and problem-based learning enable students to develop their competencies in terms of scientific qualification and professional competence as well as civil society commitment and personal development. Starting from a constructivist understanding of teaching and learning, the individual responsibility of the students for their learning process is of great importance. In terms of content, the concepts of sustainable development and education for sustainable development are the focus of the courses offered by the group.