Prof. Dr. Karin Zimmer, Dipl.-Psych.
Empirical Educational Research
Current topics for final thesis projects
If you are interested in developing your own research question in one of the areas of educational research, and intend to work on it empirically, do not hesitate to come by for a consultation session (appointment via e-mail: karin.zimmer[at]uni-vechta[dot]de). Below please find some specific topics from our working group:
Development and evaluation of questionnaires and tests regarding e.g. the quality of schools and instruction, or teaching and learning processes.
These include secondary analyzes of published data sets or primary data collection in the EduScienceLab of the University of Vechta.
Current, specific project:
· Short questionnaire on noise sensitivity: Evaluation of data from the ERGO Health Study.
What do we already know, where do we lack knowledge? Creating Evidence Maps and Systematic Reviews
e.g. on the use of instructional programs and teaching methods, or on their effectiveness (several theses per topic)
Current, specific projects:
· Evidence map: Current educational research in Germany
· Update of a Systematic Review on the language development of children three years and over in day care centers in Germany: Which programs are currently in use?
· Update of a Systematic Review on the language development of children three years and over in day care centers in Germany: summary of efficacy studies.
· How is integration through education realized in different countries? Evidence mapping (several thesis)
· What does integration of refugees mean in Germany? Systematic Review to clarify the term “integration” (several projects)